PA Sales Tax Exemption Certificate
New Enterprise REC is required by the state of Pennsylvania to charge sales tax on any meter not having a Pennsylvania Sales Tax Exemption Certificate.
For your account to be tax exempt, one of the following reasons must apply:
- This is my primary residence
- Vacant rental property which I do not plan on renting again
- Vacation home
- Property will be resold or rented in ordinary course of purchaser’s business conducted under Pennsylvania Sales Tax License Number
- Property will be directly used by purchaser in their: (circle one) Manufacturing Operations, Mining Operations, Farming Operations, Dairying Operations, Ship-building Operations, which are performed as a business.
- Property will be directly used by purchaser in the production, delivery or rendition of public utility service and/or construction, alteration or maintenance of public utility facilities other than buildings. Purchaser presently has on file with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission the following Tariff of Rates: Enter full designation of latest Tariff of Rates:________________________________
PA P.U.C No._____________________________________________________ Supplement________________________________________________________
- Property will be used in organization or institutional activities by purchaser which is a: (circle one) Religious Organization, Volunteer Firemen’s Organization, Non-Profit Educational Institution, Charitable Organization holding Charitable Exemption Number
- Other purpose (Example: barn, personal garage, etc)
If any of these reasons apply to your account, please complete and return the certificate.